you're reading...
Miscellaneous

Random Life Update

As several of you know, I was recently fired from my “new” job, right before my probation period of three months was about to end. Ugh, I have no real idea why. My supervisor’s supervisor just told me that I wasn’t a good “fit” for the company, and wouldn’t go further into details. Both I and my direct supervisor were bewildered because I’ve been busting my ass doing the work.

On the same day, I came home and my laptop just didn’t want to turn on. Apparently there was a faulty connection, which I have now fixed. Thankfully, I didn’t lose any data.

As we are way behind on the publishing schedule, I’m just going to postpone it again. So that sucks I know.

On top of all that, the floorboards at my place are being completely renovated in the coming weeks, so I’m going to be busy moving everything to a temporary location, so the carpet can be removed. We’re getting wooden floors (!). Finally.

Anyways, I apologize for the lack of any communication on my part, as I’ve been pretty absent for over a week.

Thanks for understanding.

About these ads

About John

The Triple Helixian is an unbiased science and research-based site that attempts to clarify and elucidate questions about skin care, while aspiring to be the most thorough and complete source of information.

Discussion

20 thoughts on “Random Life Update

1. U still alive?

Posted by Hy | September 26, 2013, 2:56 pm
  2. John, it is too long since we heard from you. Please let us know how you are. Better yet, get back to blogging. I miss reading your skin care advice and evaluation of products. Rosa Lee

Posted by Rosa Lee Merz | September 19, 2013, 7:52 pm
  3. I hadn’t visited your website since July 2nd (says google here). My health hadn’t been good and I was surprised when my health had been doing better since mid July that I kept forgetting to come back since the beginning of August. It’s a good thing that my life has been more busy and connected with the outside world. I used to spend a lot of time watching shows on hulu and now I have to be more intentional just to keep up before they expire (and still miss them cause I’m able to enjoy life more). Sounds like your life is in transition. I definitely know what that’s like. I hope some new doors open up for you soon job-wise that are a better fit for you and the people you work with. My mom once lost a job that was on a trial basis right before Christmas, but the next one she found was so much better for her (with kinder, more reasonable supervisors) and we realized recently she’d been there 10 years!! It’s a big enough company that she’s gotten to switch up her role a few times and transfer to their smaller office, which she likes also.

Posted by MsFireGlow | August 15, 2013, 6:23 am
  4. Hi John,

Sorry about your job loss. It’s most likely not your fault at all. Some companies keep firing people at the end of the probation period, so they never have to pay any benefits for these temporary workers. It sounds really mean, but that’s what they do to cut cost. They’d rather deal with high turn over rate than treat their employees decently. Don’t worry, you will find a better job soon. That place was just a sweat shop.

Posted by Winnie the Pooh | August 12, 2013, 2:18 pm
  5. Sorry about your job, John. The lack of reasoning must be really bothering. :\

It’s good you didn’t lose anything from your computer. Recently mine also had some problems and I lost everything (didn’t even have a back-up). But, yeah, I understand you postponing the posts, and I’m still looking forward to them.

So, a bit off-topic, but how do you feel about washcloth exfoliation? Will you be talking about it on your upcoming posts?

Posted by Lucas | August 10, 2013, 9:40 am
    • Sorry to hear that you lost your data. :( I hope nothing super important was lost! Gah if I lost all my progress on the Ideal Routine and Sun Protection Series, I would seriously cry. LOL.

Washcloth is just another form of manual exfoliation, and they can certainly be useful. I’ll be addressing manual exfoliation a bit in the chemical exfoliants part of the series.

Posted by John | August 12, 2013, 8:42 am
  6. Thanks so much John for the update. Was really worried about you and knew something must be wrong. I know you’re doing your best given these unforeseen circumstances. I’m confident that all of your knowledge and recommendations in skin care will be well worth the wait! Your advice is what finally helped my skin when several Dotors/Aestheticians and spending thousands of dollars did not. Thanks so much for all your hard work!!

Posted by Julie | August 8, 2013, 5:20 pm
  7. John, take all the time you need. Fans who follow your wisdom will understand. Take care of yourself and share your thoughts when you can.

Posted by Caryn Kovanic | August 8, 2013, 8:51 am
  8. Well, life certainly has it ups and downs, and seeing how cloudy it is so far for you, do take your time. Your life first before blogging. But I am curious, so I hope this doesn’t sound rude. When will you most likely post your series? Thank you John, and I hope you’ll be doing better soon.

Posted by Belle | August 8, 2013, 2:40 am
    • No, of course not. Because there are so many things to do, (job hunting anyone?), the series has been postponed indefinitely. I don’t want to promise something (again), and end up disappointing everyone (again).

Posted by John | August 12, 2013, 8:34 am
  9. Hang in there, it can only get better. What asshats!

Posted by Cathi C. | August 7, 2013, 7:37 pm
  10. I’m glad you are alright (more or less) . I was concerned.

Posted by Rosa Lee Merz | August 7, 2013, 7:31 pm

I have something to say too...

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Make a Donation Button
Finish Line Flag

Pick a topic, and go!

A Trip Back in Time

Save Money Shopping

Time For Some Random Photos!

Finished! Best plate I've seen in recent memory! LOL. Move over Bath & Body Works. These candles from Target smell just as good, if not better. Thank you @Michelle1218! The floors are FINALLY done throughout the house. Time to move back in a second time. LOL Wtf... I super very dislike you summer. Pretty new bathroom!! Everything is new. Well, except for the trashcan. LOL
Instagram

Join 774 other followers

© 2014 The Triple Helixian.

Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited.

%d bloggers like this: