Words cannot express how thankful I am for all of your patience and loyalty. To show my appreciation, I’m giving away a ton of products that would otherwise just be sitting on my shelf. I might as well pass on potential loves, right?
*Note that some of these products have been swatched and/or used, while others are untouched. All products that have been touched, have been sanitized with cotton rounds and 99% rubbing alcohol. If you are uncomfortable with receiving used cosmetics, feel free to give or toss the used items away if you are a Winner. Best of luck to you all!
**Also, note that many of the photos have been purposely (and obviously) edited in order to retain a given product’s true color as much as possible. The flash knocks the overall white balance WAY off course.
- As this giveaway is just for you guys, all you have to do is write a comment telling me about something important in your life; or talk about anything you’d like. Also, if possible, it’d be nice if you could introduce one of your friends (who would be interested in what we discuss here) to our community. Of course, I’m not going to check if you actually do this.
- Four (4) Winners will be randomly selected from all comments submitted before May 31st, 2014.
- The first Winner will get to choose ten (10) products from those available.
- The second Winner will then select the next ten (10) products from those available, and so on.
- Because the fourth Winner would otherwise be left with the least desired products, he/she will have the opportunity to choose five (5) products before the first Winner chooses.
- Winners can only choose up to one (1) of each of the following: brush, sunscreen, Sephora Birthday Reward; and two (2) of each of the following: powder, concealer/corrector.
- Finally, Winners can pick one of the four bags shown above to hold their chosen selections. The order will once again be: 4>1>2>3.
Here are the products:
Sleek Makeup Creme to Powder Foundation TESTER KIT – LIGHT/MEDIUM (New) Redpoint Age Minimizer Dual Foundation – LIGHT (Swatched) Graftobian HD Glamour Creme – NEUTRAL PALETTE #2 (New)
- Graftobian HD Creme Corrector – PINK HI-LITE (Swatched)
- Graftobian HD Creme Corrector – SOFT ORANGE (Swatched)
- Eve Pearl Magic Salmon Concealer Trio – LIGHT/MEDIUM/DARK (Used)
- E.L.F. Complete Coverage Concealer – LIGHT (Swatched)
- L’Oreal Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base (Used)
Clinique Redness Solutions Instant Relief Mineral Powder (New) Kryolan Anti-Shine Powder (Used)
- E.L.F. HD Powder – CLEAR (Used)
- Physician’s Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Airbrushing Pressed Powder SPF 30 – TRANSLUCENT (Used)
- Neutrogena Shine Control Powder – INVISIBLE 10 (Used)
- Maybelline Dream Matte Face Powder – SAND/MEDIUM 0-1 (Used)
Clinique Blushwear Cream Stick – 05 SHY BLUSH (Swatched) Smashbox High Lights Creamy Cheek Color – GOLDEN BLOSSOM (New) E.L.F. Cream Blush – HEARTBREAKER (New) E.L.F. Studio Contouring Blush and Bronzing Powder – ST. LUCIA New)
- E.L.F. Studio Bronzer – GOLDEN BRONZER (New)
E.L.F. Essential Bronzer with Brush – GLOW (New) Avon Mark Bronze Pro Bronzing Powder (Used) Avon Mark Touch & Glow Shimmer Cream Cubes (New)
- Revlon Age Defying Face Illuminator – 010 BARE LIGHT (Used)
Revlon Age Defying Face Illuminator – 030 GOLD LIGHT (New)
E.L.F. Studio Eyebrow Kit – MEDIUM (New)
- Sephora Eye Shadow – PEACH BEIGE No. 13 (Swatched)
Bobbi Brown Shimmer Wash Eye Shadow – COPPER PENNY 20 (Swatched)
- Maybelline Color Tattoo 24 HR Eyeshadow – 35 Tough as Taupe (Used)
Clinique Colour Surge Eye Shadow Duo – PINK SLATE/STRAWBERRY FUDGE (Swatched)
Clinique High Impact Lipstick SPF 15 – 19 EXTREME PINK (New) Stila Lip & Cheek Stain – COCONUT CRUSH (New)
- Sephora Birthday Reward 2012; contains a Mini Sugar Lip Treatment SPF 15 and a Mini Sugar Rose Tinted Lip Treatment SPF 15 (Swatched)
- Sephora Birthday Reward 2013; contains a Mini Benefit They’re Real Mascara and a Benefit Watt’s Up Highlighter (New)
Sephora Birthday Reward 2014; contains a Mini Make Up For Ever (MUFE) Aqua Eyes Waterproof Eyeliner Pencil – 0L, a Mini MUFE Smoky Extravagant Mascara, and a Mini Rouge Artist Nautral Lipstick – N9 (New)
- E.L.F. Essential Custom Compact with Mirror (New)
- Sigma F80 -Flat Kabuki (Used)
Sigma F82 – Round Kabuki (Used) Sigma F84 – Angled Kabuki (Used)
EltaMD UV Physical SPF 41 Facial Sunscreen (Used) Paula’s Choice RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense Moisturizer SPF 30 (New)
*I apologize in advance for any photos that require you to rotate your head. Sorry!
*I would say these shades range from about NC25 – NC40.
*I would say the left shade is about NW15, and the right shade is about NC15. This product comes with an unused sponge.
*Apparently this product is one of the highest rated creme foundations/concealers on MakeupAlley, which is why I bought it in the first place. I never got around to using it though. The shades range from about NC30 to NC42/45. I know, right?! Inaccurate photo! So just look at the picture of the Sleek foundations above, and imagine this as a slightly darker version.
*I imagine that because these are too emollient, they would sink into fine lines and crease all over the place. But I’ve never actually used these, so who knows?
*Apparently these Eve Pearl Products are really famous concealers/correctors, but I personally did not like them. The petrolatum base makes this insanely pigmented, but also quite slippery and prone to creasing. But maybe my technique isn’t very good because many, MANY people love these products. The Dark shade is not quite as orange or vibrant as it appears.
*Unfortunately, the coverage is anything but complete; it’s more light-medium coverage. The shades range from about NW10-NC20.
*While there’s no practical way to sanitize this product, because this doesn’t contain water, there is little opportunity for bacterial proliferation.
*These white “translucent” powders, like all translucent powders, look chalky and ashy on my complexion. Therefore, I don’t use them. Plus, I’m not a fan of loose powders.
*While the Physician’s Formula Powder provides excellent sun protection (for a powder) due to the high amounts of inorganic UV Filters, the finish is far too shimmery. There are small glitter particles everywhere, which accentuate my large pores and acne scars. Plus it isn’t particularly oil-controlling. While the Neutrogena powder controls oils comparatively better, its almost “translucent” or white shade makes me look ashy. The texture is also quite chalky. Finally, while the Maybelline powder is both oil-controlling and non-chalky, as you can see from the photo, the shade is rather pink and appears as a weird gray cast typically associated with “tinted” mineral sunscreens.
***I couldn’t quite capture the exact color of this. But it’s pretty much a blend of both photos: not quite as pink as the first photo, but less red than the second. There’s almost an imperceptible hint of mauve.
*Again, the color of the blush is a bit more cool-toned, with a hint of mauve.
*This contains very faint shimmer particles that create a barely-there sheen-like effect. While there’s no chunky glitter, I prefer something that’s completely matte, since I only contour rather than bronze all-over. Despite these reservations, it’s still the highest rated bronzer on MakeupAlley.
*I would say overall, the colors are slightly less vibrant. Once again however, that doesn’t really matter since this is a highlighter.
*The color is slightly less pink than it appears in the first photo, but not as orange as it appears in the swatch. But that doesn’t really matter since there is hardly any color to this when applied on the skin. Also, note that this is one of the most highly rated liquid highlighters on MakeupAlley.
*I bought the Maybelline product thinking that it might be a dupe for my beloved HG eyebrow filler that has long been discontinued, the Bobbi Brown Long Wear Cream Shadow in Ash. Unfortunately it’s darker, more gray, and the texture is not quite as easy to work with. Off it goes!
*Note that the Stila product is housed in one of those click-pen type packaging. I’d imagine the color is similar to the color of the package.
*The eyeshadow part can be easily pried out so you’re just left with a square Z-Palette type of container. The bottom is also magnetic, which is great.
*I bought these Sigma brushes when I first started using makeup several years ago. For me, these are too dense and absorb SO much product. And while the shapes are different, the end results are very similar. But nothing beats fingers for liquid “foundations.” Plus, my skin cannot handle any type of “buffing” motion. Finally, these brushes are too dense for anything else, including contouring, powder, etc…
*I’ll eventually have full reviews of these products, so I won’t get into the amount of protection, how I used them, etc… right now. Anyways, I find that the EltaMD product is a bit too drying. The tint is also a pretty dark, slightly pink color. It’s more neutral (meaning more orange) than the tint of the Paula’s Choice product, which is a light very pink shade. But they are both intolerable for my warm yellowish complexion, which also has a tinge of olive. The texture and finish of the PC sunscreen though, is quite divine. It’s a very velvety matte.
And that’s a wrap! Again, I really appreciate all of your support and enthusiasm. And I hope you’ll share this blog with your friends, coworkers, and/or family members who are interested in skin care.